Greek and Roman Mythology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you become the Myth... Become a God, a demi-god, a faun or satyr, or any other myth....

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RAGEQUIT!!!

The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness Empty
PostSubject: The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness   The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Introduction

Hello, welcome to the ENGINE, I'm Rambo and this is the Newbie guide, for anyone who is new or someone trying to refresh their memory. First off, this is a Beginners RPG, if you don't know what that means, than the list below will hopefully help.

• Beginner = aimed at all ages, a minimum of cussing is allowed but some of the minor ones: eg. Damn or Hell are allowed sometimes but none of the bigger stuff like the F-bomb and that stuff. It is also mandatory that you keep all of your posts appropriate for the age range, stick with 13 year age range and around that and you should be fine.

Intermediate = aimed at 15 and up, it usually contains some cussing and although the F-bomb is allowed it is rarely ever used in its full glory.

Mature = the name speaks for itself, aimed at 18 or older. If you are reading this than you should probably not go here.

and thats about it for that, i will repeat, this is a beginner RPG so please respect and abide by the rules. These rules were made for a reason and that is to make sure that RPing in the site is fair, your happy, i'm happy, everyone is happy and everything is just peachy.

Rules

Okay, on to rules of this site. You can read the rules at this link https://greekxmyths.rpg-board.net/t2-rules-read-first or you can stay here and read my fuller interpretation of the rules. So, if you decided to read on to here, than you probably want some more meat on the rules.

Rule #1: no swearing except for Damn and Hell, this is a beginners style RPG so i should not have to remind you. The words themselves do not trace back to a derogatory standpoint so they are okay but try to keep them to a minimum. I would recommend keeping them to about once or twice per post.

Rule #2: No nasty RPing, again, this has to do with the site being a beginners style RPG. Try to keep everything to an age appropriate level. Keep it rated PG, just because i have sense of humor does not mean i am okay with anything above that. Violations should be reported to an admin or moderator, some of us actually do monitor the threads and violators will be reprimanded.

Rule #3: No god modding/power playing. I have absolutely zero tolerance for this so pay attention. God modding and power playing are almost the same except god modding is manipulating things to fit you automatically: eg, "i throw the spear and kill someone 2 miles away" NO!! never do that, unless your character is able to do that through his power or something, you cannot do that. Power playing is like: eg, "he fired his chaingun and i dodged every single bullet" NO!!! AGAIN!!! if the admin says he can dodge 200 bullets per second than thats fine but do not do this anyway.

Rule #4: No harassing people, this should be ingrained into your brain. It is common courtesy and it forces everyone to hate you. Just so i can quote Confucius, "do not treat people how you would not want to be treated" that means, if you do not like it, than they probably do not like it either. If it happens than you can PM an Admin or Moderator. If it continues than the violator will be reprimanded.

Rule #5: no double posting, that just means more scrolling for everyone and it gets nowhere. unless it is at your bunk or when the other guy has not replied in an hour. In these cases, the plot has to be moved so these are the only exceptions.

Rule #6: no double accounting. I don't see why you would want to do this unless you got banned, in that case, we banned you for a good reason.

Rule #7: Only eight demi-god characters, two Nature Spirts, and ONE godly character. (Chiron and Lupa are considered Godly forms) (The godly forums, Roman and Greek will be played by the same user.). This helps us keep track of what character you are RPing with.

Rule #8: No relationships with the same god parent and no cannon character non-canon character relationship. Usually it gets confusing for all of us if this happens so please help make our jobs easier.

Rule #9: NO SPAM! I hate this kinda stuff. SPAM stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages and they are just that, stupid, pointless and annoying. If a post falls under this category than the poster will be notified. further violations will be reprimanded.

Rule #10: do not make fun of or insult your fellow members in any way. This kinda falls under the same category as harassment and i also have zero tolerance fir this. Violators will be reprimanded and continued violations will be punished accordingly.

Rule #11: no posting in the Roleplay section if your character is not approved. Unless your character has been approved he does not exist so keep that in mind.

Rule #12: do not post one character in multiple places at one time. This gets confusing for everyone so please do not do that. Violators will be reprimanded and continued violations will be punished accordingly.

Rule #13: no chat speaking in the roleplay section. Chat speaking is for the chat box only, lets keep it that way. Violations will be considered SPAM.

Rule #14: Do not act superior to anyone or superior than the rules. No one likes it and it is your responsibility to report this to an admin or mod with a sample of the conversation so that we can review it and determine for ourselves.

Rule #15: Don't make stuff public unless you know how people will react. It is more courtesy than a rule but i implore you to follow this if you can. I just makes it easier for us and you.

Rule #16: Don't fight, this is also more courtesy than much else although RPing in the chatbox is allowed, do not begin putting people down or beginning a flame war. If something makes you feel uncomfortable, it is your responsibility to report what happened with an example of the conversation for us to judge for ourselves.

Rule #17: Mods (and admins) Are Gods, i don't know how to make that clearer. We are here to enforce the rules and make sure everyone is happy. If we are reprimanding you than we probably have a good reason to, please respect that. You may not like us but you must respect us.

My own contributions

Rule #18: Question Authority. Just because we are all powerful moderators (or admins) that does not mean we are perfect. It is your job and duty to remind an admin or mod if they are being disrespectful or violating any of the rules. If this continues than it is your job to PM another mod or admin with an example of the violation so we can judge for ourselves and deal with the violator.

Creating a Character

Chars, Cherries, whatever you call them, they are the moving pieces of the clockwork that is an RPG. You make a character by copying and pasting the character template found on the character applications, placing it in unapproved and filling it out. Afterwards, a moderator or admin will eventually get around to approving it, afterwards, you can post in the RP section. Remember: your character does not exist until he/she has been approved so have patience, we will get around to it eventually, promises Very Happy.

A few things to remember about creating a character: the more detail the better, don't overpower it, no guns. The first one is more so i can visualize your character better, the more detail you put, the clearer the image of your character is, its seriously not that hard. Don't overpower it, we will determine if it is overpowered but if you do not make it overpowered than its much quicker for both of us. No Guns, i seriously don't like this principle but i also think it is fair, we can't have people walking around with an M4 on their back can we? the closest i ever get to a gun is a crossbow although the bolt actually travels slower than an arrow.

The RP example gives us a taste of what kind of person he/she will be like, put your full RPing skill into it so we know what we will be playing with. How he/she will react to a situation when presented with one.

You are able to create more than one character so if you get stuck in a rut, its okay cause you will have more, unless we say that one character has to die. In that case, we kill him ourselves.

Role Playing

Remember, in this game, what your character does effects the actions of the characters around him/her, it's a fun way to do something without actually doing something in real life. Think of it as a gigantic sandbox where everything and anything goes. Keep in mind though, there are other people on the site so be considerate of what the other people want and what they are doing.

Please stick to a single viewpoint or announce when you are going to change the viewpoint so that it is not confusing. By viewpoint, i mean Point Of View or POV for short. These are 1st person or 3rd person (i don't have any idea how 2nd person would work) and these are usually the same for RPing as they are for story writing. Remember to keep everything easy to read too, its just courtesy so please try to adhere to that.

If you get stuck in a rut, RPing a character, just Have your current one switch out with a different one until you build enough creativeness to post as that one character again. Either that or you can have that one character leave and have the two characters pick up again somewhere else sometime else.

If you really do hate your character with a passion than you can feel free to kill him/her or have someone else help you do it. You have to sent a mod or admin a PM or make an announcement so we don't reprimand you and know what is going on. Killing a character is in my opinion, perfectly okay but you can not resurrect that character unless an admin says you can, once he/she is dead, he/she is dead for good.

If you must make an announcement in the post, write OOC(out of character) before the post, then when you want to get back in character you type BIC.
Back to top Go down
Hi I didn't see you there

Hi I didn't see you there

The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness   The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:44 pm

ohi :3
Back to top Go down

The Epic Newbie Guide for Intermediates or Newbies of Epicness
Page 1 of 1